A QUICK and EASY dinner recipe the whole family will love! Our Ground Beef Chili Recipe comes together in just over 30 minutes! Enjoy this hearty dinner idea using ground beef that’s low in fat and packed with protein and fiber too! Perfect family dinner for any night of the week!
How to Make Our Ground Beef Chili Recipe
This easy Ground Beef Chili Recipe is originally from Webicurean. It’s a quick, comforting, and filling meal that’s perfect to serve the entire family.
The recipe is made in one pot. First, the onions, peppers, and garlic are softened with a small amount of beef (or chicken) broth. No need to use oil in this recipe. Then, the ground beef is stirred in and cooked along with the vegetables. The remaining ingredients including the spices, beans, and diced tomatoes are added and simmered on the stove for a short time to allow the flavors to meld and combine together.
Enjoy this hearty ground beef chili with toppings of your choice such as low-fat cheese, cilantro, parsley, Greek yogurt, or a low-fat sour cream!
Easy Ground Beef Chili Recipe Tips
- Prepare the ingredients, such as measuring out spices and chopping the veggies, before you start cooking.
- Make sure to chop the onion and bell pepper into a relatively similar size and shape so that the vegetables will soften at the same time you cook it. I like to chop the vegetables into a medium chop (about the size of nickel).
- For best results we recommend using Certified Angus Beef ® brand lean ground beef to make this a low fat meal.
- Change up the spices or make it as mild or hot as you like. I find this chili mild to medium spicy in the heat department (I’m a heat wimp though), making it perfect to serve to my family. Adjust the spice amounts to suit your family’s heat preferences.
- Spruce up this simple chili with additional toppings at the end. I like to add shredded cheese, fresh cilantro, tortilla chips, and a generous dollop of Greek yogurt to my chili. Greek yogurt is a great low-fat, high protein substitute for sour cream.
- Serve it on top of greens (like spinach) or in a lettuce wrap.
Check out these other Dinner Ideas Using Ground Beef
- Ground Beef Stroganoff Skillet Recipe
- Dutch Vegetable Soup with Meatballs
- One Skillet Beef Pasta Casserole
Can’t you just picture yourself enjoying a big bowl of this ground beef chili to warm up from the cold weather outside? It would be perfect to serve at a barbecue since this recipe can be scaled up and is budget-friendly too!
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 1/4 cup beef broth or chicken broth no salt added
- 1 onion chopped
- 1 bell pepper seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef or lean, Certified Angus Beef® brand
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried cumin
- 1 tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 14 oz pinto beans canned, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 14 oz black beans canned, no salt added, rinsed and drained
- 28 oz diced tomatoes canned, no salt added
- Optional: shredded low-fat cheese and cilantro for garnish
In a large pot (capable of holding at least 3 liters) at medium-high heat, warm up the broth and then add the onion, bell pepper, and garlic to the pot, stirring occasionally until the vegetables soften.
Add the ground beef. Break down the meat until the beef is in small pieces and cooked through.
Stir in the spices, beans, and tomatoes. Bring to a boil, reduce heat to a simmer and cover for 20 minutes. Top with cheese and cilantro if you like. Best served hot.
This recipe was slightly adapted from Webicurean’s Skinny Beef Chili recipe