This easy Mushroom Swiss Burger recipe is guaranteed to make you drool! Topped with fresh sauteed mushrooms and onions, this Swiss cheeseburger recipe is perfect for grilling season!
Burger lovers, you have come to the right place. Get ready to up your hamburger patty grill game with this gourmet burger recipe! We have a feeling you’ll agree: this is the best mushroom burger recipe ever!
To make these mushroom Swiss burgers on the grill, you will need your grill! If you’re making them on the stove-top, use a cast iron skillet for the best results.
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef, 80/20 mix is best
- 2 tablespoons steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sauteed mushrooms and onions
- 4 brioche buns
Mushroom Burger Sauce
These mushroom and Swiss cheese burgers use only a few fresh ingredients, including homemade sauteed mushrooms and onions. This acts as the sauce for the burger, and it is such an amazing combination of flavors!
The onions and mushrooms cook up in only 10 minutes, so they’re ready for your burger in no time. Click the link in the ingredients list to get the recipe and top your burger with it.
The freshness of the onions and mushrooms, combined with the melted Swiss cheese, gives so much flavor to this easy burger recipe. One bite and you’ll know why this is one of our favorite mushroom recipes!
This grilled burger recipe is one of the easiest burger recipes you can make at home. Cook it over the grill for tons of extra flavor, but it’s just as delicious on the stove-top, too!
- Preheat grill or cast iron skillet on the stove over medium heat.
- Form 1 1/2 pounds ground beef into 4 even patties. Season each patty with about 1/2 tablespoon of steak seasoning.
- Cook a batch of sauteed mushroom and onions and then set aside. Follow the link for full recipe and instructions – it takes just 10 minutes!
- Add your patties to preheated grill. Grill for about 8 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for about 6-8 minutes on the other side, or until cooked through.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese to each hamburger patty and let the heat from the grill melt the cheese.
- Remove patties from grill. Place each patty onto a brioche bun, top with mushrooms and onions, and then serve.
Gotta love easy ground beef recipes that are this delicious! This is truly one of the best ground beef recipes in our wheelhouse.
💭 Family Foodie Tips
- Do not overcook the burgers. Make sure not to overcook your burgers. About 6-8 minutes per side will give you a beautiful burger every time.
- Add more cheese. One slice of Swiss cheese is enough, but if you want an extra cheesy burger, you should use at least 2, if not 3, slices of Swiss.
- Try a different cheese. Gruyere is a delicious choice for a mushroom burger recipe and melts well. Try Gruyere instead of Swiss to mix things up.
- Add toppings. Top your burger bun with your favorite burger toppings. Arugula is a great choice for topping this burger.
- Leaner burgers. We used 80/20 ground beef, but if you want a leaner burger, you can use 90/10 ground beef.
- Make it in the air fryer! You can make a burger in the air fryer for a fresh new way to make your burgers! Try our air fryer burger recipe.
👪 Serving Size
This recipe makes 4 burgers, so it’s a perfect choice for the whole family. Plus, it’s easy to scale the recipe up or down. Double the ingredients to fit a BBQ party, or cut them in half to serve just 2.
Are mushroom Swiss burgers keto-friendly?
Yes! To make these cheesy Swiss burgers keto-friendly, simply skip the bun. The rest of the recipe is a perfect fit for a keto diet.
🥗 Side Dishes
Try some of our favorite side dishes for burgers! Mac and cheese is a delicious choice for this burger recipe, and of course, so is a side of potatoes.
If you’re cooking the burgers on the grill, you can even make the potatoes right alongside them!
📖 Best Mushroom Recipes
Love mushroom recipes? We do too! Here are our favorites:
📖 Easy Burger Recipes
Give some of our best burgers a try, too. For one of our all-time favorites, try our Best Keto Cheeseburger Casserole!
Grill season is just around the corner, so how about leveling up your recipes with ground beef by giving these Mushroom Swiss Burgers a try?
Don’t forget the BBQ side dishes! Grill recipes are perfect for Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, or any backyard BBQ.
This is one of our favorite ground beef recipes and easy supper recipes! Let us know in the comments below what you think. What are your favorite burger toppings?
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Mushroom Swiss Burger
- 1 1/2 pound ground beef We recommend an 80/20 mix
- 2 Tbsp. steak seasoning
- 4 slices Swiss cheese
- 2 cups sautéed mushrooms and onions
- 4 brioche buns
- Preheat grill over medium heat.
- Form hamburger into four even patties. Then, season each patty with about 1/2 tablespoon of the steak seasoning.
- Cook a batch of sautéed mushroom and onions and then set aside.
- Add patties to grill. Grill for about 8 minutes on one side, then flip and grill for about 6-8 minutes on the other side – or until cooked through.
- Add a slice of Swiss cheese to each patty and let the heat from the grill melt the cheese.
- Remove patties from grill. Place each patty onto a brioche bun, top with sautéed mushrooms and onions, and then serve immediately.
- Do not overcook burgers: Make sure not to overcook your burgers, so just about 6-8 minutes per side.
- Cheesy Mushroom Swiss Cheeseburgers: One slice of Swiss cheese is enoughbut if you want a cheesy burger, you should probably use at least 2, if not 3 slices.
- Burger Toppings: Top your burger bun with your favorite toppings. Arugula, lettuce, and tomatoes are always favorites.
- Lean Burgers: We used 80/20 ground beef but if you want a leaner burger, you can use 90/10 ground beef.
- Burger Bun: If brioche buns are unavailable, any bun will work.
- Pan Fried Burgers: You can pan fry the burger patties if preferred.