Fresh strawberries and milk is all you need to make this delicious no bake strawberry dessert. Our Strawberry Dole Whip recipe is a twist on the popular pineapple dole whip treat at Disney World. Kids and adults alike are sure to love digging into this healthy treat!
This post is sponsored by Florida Strawberry in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
No Bake Desserts
No bake desserts are very popular because they are easy to make and you don’t have to turn on the oven! As a result, you spend less time in the kitchen and less time cleaning up. Thus giving you more time to enjoy eating the no bake dessert you whipped up. I like that!
Using fresh fruit in a no bake dessert is a no-brainer, because the fresh fruit can help you cut down on how much sugar you use to sweeten the dessert. It is a dessert recipe, after all, so it needs a little sweetness and fresh fruit is a much healthier choice.
In our Strawberry Dole Whip recipe we didn’t add any extra sweetness. The natural sweetness in fresh Florida strawberries provided all the sweetness we needed for this no bake dessert. However, when you make this recipe be sure to give it a taste and add your desired sweetener to your liking.
Fresh Florida Strawberries
Did you know that Florida is the Winter Strawberry Capital of the World?! It’s true! Florida strawberry season runs from December through April, which means we can enjoy fresh strawberries all winter long! Florida strawberries are available all up and down the eastern portion of the United States, so if you are east of the Mississippi be sure to look for them in the produce section of your favorite grocery store. If your store isn’t carrying fresh Florida strawberries, just ask the manager to get them for you.
Strawberry Dole Whip No Bake Dessert
Strawberry Dole Whip is a refreshing dessert or snack recipe both kids and adults will enjoy. Because this recipe uses fresh strawberries and almond milk, it is a healthy no bake dessert option you can feel good about serving your family.
You’ll also LOVE how EASY this recipe is to make! All you need is a pound of fresh strawberries (frozen), a half cup of unsweetened almond milk, a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors, and a blender to blend everything into a creamy, dreamy frozen dessert. Of course, if you want to add a little bit of sweetener to this recipe, you certainly can, but we found the fresh Florida strawberries brought just the right amount of sweetness for our tastes.
Tip: I hull and slice the strawberries and stick them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour before using in this recipe. That way it doesn’t need ice to make it a frozen treat. Ice waters down the flavor, so it’s definitely worth the effort to freeze the strawberries prior to making this recipe.
If you’re hungry for even more recipes using fresh Florida Strawberries, visit the Florida Strawberry web site. You’ll also find great tips for choosing the best berries and learn how to store them properly for best results.
Join us in following Florida Strawberry on social media to stay up-to-date
- 1 lb fresh Florida Strawberries hulled, sliced, and frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 pinch salt
- Coconut palm sugar or other sweetener of your choice, optional
Place frozen, sliced strawberries in a blender and pour in 1/2 cup almond milk (see note 1). Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and add sweetener if you prefer. Add the sweetener a little at a time until you achieve the flavor you like.
Pour into a plastic baggie or other freezer safe container. Seal tightly and freeze until ready to serve (see note 2).
- You may sub in whole milk or reduced fat milk if you prefer
- If the mixture is too frozen to serve, allow it to sit at room temperature until the consistency you like. If you stored in a plastic baggie you are able to massage the baggie to achieve the consistency.
No Bake Strawberry Desserts
No Bake Strawberry Cakes and Pies
- Dairy Free Strawberry Silk Pie by Helpful Homemade
- Easy and Delicious Florida Strawberry Pie by Family Foodie
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- No Bake Strawberry Lime Mousse Pie by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- No-Bake Layered Chocolate Strawberry Pudding Cake by Kudos Kitchen by Renee
- No-Bake Strawberry Slab Pie by Hardly A Goddess
- Strawberry Ice Cream Cake by Soulfully Made
- Strawberry Icebox Cheesecake by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
Tasty Strawberry Layered Desserts
- Fresh Strawberry Pretzel Dessert by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Low Carb Lemon & Strawberry Cheesecake Treat by My Life Cookbook
- No Bake Chocolate Strawberry Lasagna by My Sweet Savings
- Strawberry Ginger Rice Pudding Cups by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Strawberry Shortcake Parfait by Desserts Required
- Strawberry Tiramisu by Caroline’s Cooking
- Strawberry-lemon Panna Cotta with Lemon Biscotti by Authentically Candace
Special and Delicious Strawberry Treats
- Cannoli Cheesecake Stuffed Strawberries by Jersey Girl Cooks
- No Bake Strawberry Cheesecake K-bobs by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Strawberry Balsamic Ice Cream by Flour On My Face
- Strawberry Dole Whip by Sunday Supper Movement
- Strawberry Mochi by kimchi MOM
- Strawberry S’mores Skillet Dip by Casa de Crews
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.