Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Homemade Strawberry Dole Whip Disney Recipe is a twist on the popular pineapple whip treat at Disney World. Fresh strawberries and milk are all you need to make this delicious no bake strawberry dessert!
Kids and adults alike are sure to love digging into this healthy Disney recipe!
- What is Dole Whip?
- What do I need to make homemade dole whip?
- Homemade Dole Whip Ingredients
- Recipe Tips
- How to Make Dole Whip
- What does Dole Whip taste like?
- Is Strawberry Dole Whip dairy free?
- Is Dole Whip vegan?
- Healthy Desserts
- Frozen Desserts
- Fruity Cocktails
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is a frozen, dairy-free dessert made by Dole pineapple in the 1980s, originally exclusively for Disneyland. Dole pineapple whip is one of the most popular Disney recipes to date!
Though it all began with Disney pineapple dole whip, this popular dessert recipe has since been made in a variety of different delicious flavors, including strawberry dole whip.
What do I need to make homemade dole whip?
One of the best things about dole whip is that it’s a no-bake dessert recipe. No-bake desserts mean you spend less time in the kitchen, plus less time cleaning up since you don’t have to turn the oven on!
All you need to make our strawberry dole whip recipe is a blender.
Homemade Dole Whip Ingredients
- Fresh strawberries hulled, sliced, and frozen
- Almond milk, vanilla almond milk is also an option
- OPTIONAL: Sugar, coconut palm sugar, or other sweeteners of your choice
Strawberry dole whip is a refreshing dessert or snack recipe both kids and adults will enjoy. Because this recipe uses fresh strawberries and almond milk, it is a healthy no-bake dessert option you can feel good about serving your family!
You’ll also LOVE how easy this recipe is to make! All you need is frozen fresh strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, a pinch of salt to enhance the flavor, and a blender to blend everything into a creamy, dreamy frozen dessert.
I hull and slice the strawberries and stick them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour before using it in this recipe. That way, you don’t need ice for it to be a frozen dessert.
Ice waters down the flavor, so it’s worth the effort freezing strawberries prior to making this recipe. You can follow our step-by-step guide on freezing strawberries.
You don’t even need to add sugar unless you want to! The natural sweetness of fresh strawberries provides all the sweetness you need for this no-bake dessert recipe. This is exactly why I love fresh strawberry recipes.
However, when you make this recipe, be sure to give it a taste. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, that’s when you should add your sweetener of choice.
How to Make Dole Whip
Dole whip is an incredibly easy dessert recipe to make! Once you have your frozen strawberries and other ingredients ready, just follow these simple steps to make strawberry dole whip:
- Place frozen, sliced strawberries in a blender.
- Pour in almond milk.
- Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth.
Give it a taste and add sweetener if you prefer. Add the sweetener a little at a time until you achieve the flavor you like.
- Pour into a plastic bag or another freezer-safe container. Seal tightly and freeze until ready to serve. If the mixture is too frozen to serve, allow it to sit at room temperature until the consistency you like.
Making homemade dole whip is so easy, and it tastes naturally, wonderfully sweet. I guarantee you will love it!
For full ingredient measurements, scroll to the recipe card below!
What does Dole Whip taste like?
This sweet dessert is full of fresh, strawberry flavor. The wonderful flavors of dole whip are what make it one of the most popular Disney recipes!
You can add in other frozen fruits to mix up the flavor, too. Try adding frozen blueberries (like in our blueberry smoothie recipe), or even frozen peaches to change it up. You can even make a raspberry dole whip!
Is Strawberry Dole Whip dairy free?
Our recipe for making strawberry dole whips uses almond milk, so it is completely dairy-free!
Is Dole Whip vegan?
Just like Disney recipes for dole whip, our recipe for dole whip is 100% vegan!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Strawberry Dole Whip
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled, sliced, and frozen
- 1 cup almond milk more if needed
- ½ tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar or other sweetener of your choice, optional
- Place frozen, sliced strawberries in a blender and pour in ½ cup almond milk (see note 1). Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and add sweetener if you prefer. Add the sweetener a little at a time until you achieve the flavor you like.
- Pour into a plastic baggie or other freezer safe container. Seal tightly and freeze until ready to serve (see note 2).
- You may sub in whole milk or reduced fat milk if you prefer
- You may use more milk if needed.
- If the mixture is too frozen to serve, allow it to sit at room temperature until the consistency you like. If you stored in a plastic baggie you are able to massage the baggie to achieve the consistency.