Fresh strawberries and milk are all you need to make this delicious no bake strawberry dessert. Our Homemade Strawberry Dole Whip Disney Recipe is a twist on the popular pineapple whip treat at Disney World.
Kids and adults alike are sure to love digging into this healthy Disney Recipe!
What is Dole Whip?
Dole Whip is a frozen, dairy-free dessert made by Dole pineapple in the 1980s, originally exclusively for Disneyland. It started as a pineapple-flavored treat, but since then has been made in a variety of different delicious flavors, including strawberry dole whip!
Homemade Dole Whip No Bake Dessert Recipe
One of the best things about dole whip is that it’s a no bake dessert recipe. No bake desserts mean you spend less time in the kitchen and less time cleaning up since you don’t have to turn the oven on.
Using fresh fruit in a no bake dessert is a no-brainer because the fresh fruit helps you cut down on how much sugar you use as a sweetener. Desserts have to be sweet, after all, and fresh fruit is a much healthier choice than added sugar.
You don’t need to add sugar unless you want to! The natural sweetness of fresh strawberries provides all the sweetness you need for this no-bake dessert recipe. This is exactly why we love strawberry recipes.
However, when you make this recipe, be sure to give it a taste. If you want it to be a bit sweeter, that’s when you should add your preferred sweetener.
Homemade Dole Whip Ingredients
Strawberry dole whip is a refreshing dessert or snack recipe both kids and adults will enjoy. Because this recipe uses fresh strawberries and almond milk, it is a healthy no-bake dessert option you can feel good about serving your family.
You’ll also LOVE how EASY this recipe is to make! All you need is frozen fresh strawberries, unsweetened almond milk, a pinch of salt to enhance the flavors, and a blender to blend everything into a creamy, dreamy frozen dessert.
- 1 lb fresh strawberries hulled, sliced, and frozen
- 1/2 cup almond milk, vanilla almond milk is also an option
- 1 pinch salt
- OPTIONAL: Sugar, coconut palm sugar, or other sweeteners of your choice
Recipe Tip: I hull and slice the strawberries and stick them in the freezer for about 30 minutes to an hour before using it in this recipe. That way, you don’t need ice for it to be a frozen dessert.
Ice waters down the flavor, so it’s worth the effort freezing strawberries prior to making this recipe. You can follow our step-by-step guide on freezing strawberries.
How to Make Dole Whip
Dole whip is an incredibly easy dessert recipe to make! Once you have your frozen strawberries and other ingredients ready, just follow these two simple steps to make strawberry dole whip:
- Place frozen, sliced strawberries in a blender and pour in 1/2 cup almond milk. Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and add sweetener if you prefer. Add the sweetener a little at a time until you achieve the flavor you like.
- Pour into a plastic bag or another freezer-safe container. Seal tightly and freeze until ready to serve. If the mixture is too frozen to serve, allow it to sit at room temperature until the consistency you like.
Is Dole Whip Vegan?
Our recipe for dole whip is 100% vegan!
Easy Frozen Dessert Recipes!
- Rhubarb Ice Cream
- Banana Raspberry No Churn Ice Cream
- Red White and Blue Popsicles
- Frosé Recipe
- Tropical Fruit Rum Cocktail
Strawberry Dole Whip🖨 Print 📌 Pin 📝 Comment
- 1 lb fresh strawberries (hulled, sliced, and frozen)
- 1 cup almond milk (more if needed)
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp sugar ( or other sweetener of your choice, optional)
- Place frozen, sliced strawberries in a blender and pour in 1/2 cup almond milk (see note 1). Add a pinch of salt and blend until smooth. Give it a taste and add sweetener if you prefer. Add the sweetener a little at a time until you achieve the flavor you like.
- Pour into a plastic baggie or other freezer safe container. Seal tightly and freeze until ready to serve (see note 2).
- You may sub in whole milk or reduced fat milk if you prefer
- You may use more milk if needed.
- If the mixture is too frozen to serve, allow it to sit at room temperature until the consistency you like. If you stored in a plastic baggie you are able to massage the baggie to achieve the consistency.
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.