This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Cheeseburger Sliders with Bacon are perfect for busy school nights and great tailgating food for game day! There’s nothing better than these easy Hawaiian roll sliders for feeding a hungry crowd.
You’ll score big points when you serve these mini cheeseburgers with crispy bacon, pickles, and sesame seeds!
These bacon cheeseburger sliders are guaranteed to be a hit at your next game day party. They are some of the best football party finger food; my family loves this recipe!
Cheeseburger Slider Ingredients
You don’t need many ingredients to make this mini cheeseburger recipe! These easy bacon cheeseburger sliders use all the ingredients you would expect to find in your favorite cheeseburger. The best part about that means they are so customizable, too!
- Using Hawaiian rolls means you can bake them right in the box they come packaged in. Yes, it’s true! We’ll explain how to do that in the instructions.
- Use 80/20 lean ground beef. For best results, we recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand ground beef! It’s always so delicious.
- For the cooked bacon, you can spice it up by using our Candied Bacon Recipe.
- We use American cheese as it’s a classic, but you can use your favorite cheese for these burgers.
- Use condiments like ketchup and mustard or ketchup and mayonnaise. You could even spice it up by using our Sriracha Fry Sauce Recipe!
- Sesame seeds are optional, but we love the texture they add to these mini burgers.
These mini cheeseburgers are one of my favorite kid-friendly dinner ideas. They are perfect as an after school snack or lunchtime treat, too.
Serve up these beef sliders for a birthday party or a sleepover, and everyone will love them! They are such a great make-ahead meal that the kids can customize with their own toppings.
How to Make Sliders in the Oven
You will love how easy it is to make these cheeseburger sliders with bacon. This is the easiest cheeseburger recipe you’ll find, and so delicious, too.
We are big fans of grilled cheeseburgers in my household, but I am in love with how easy these mini cheeseburgers are to make in the oven. They are just so fun to put together!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Add ground beef seasoned with salt and onion powder to a large skillet and cook until the meat is cooked through.
- Drain grease from beef. Split the Hawaiian rolls in half, setting the tops aside. Place the bottoms of the rolls back into the container.
- Place a slice of American cheese on each bottom roll. Spread beef mixture over top of the cheese. Using your remaining slices of cheese, create a second layer over the top of the beef. Break up the cooked bacon into 12 pieces and add a piece to each roll, then add a pickle slice on top (optional).
Finally, drizzle with ketchup and mustard or condiments of your choice (you can also spread it on the inside of the rolls).
- Add the tops of the rolls. Keeping the sliders inside of the Hawaiian rolls cardboard package, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
Once 15 minutes is up, remove the foil and brush the rolls with melted butter mixed with garlic powder. Sprinkle with sesame seeds (optional).
- Finally, Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
Enjoy! For full ingredient measurements, tips, and side dishes, scroll to the recipe card below.
Cheeseburger Slider Variations
One of the best things about these bacon cheeseburger sliders is that just like a classic cheeseburger recipe, you can mix them up any way you’d like!
Have fun and create your own mini gourmet cheeseburgers! We recommend trying different condiments, like BBQ sauce, or switching them up entirely and making miniature Mushroom Swiss Burgers!
Can I bake Hawaiian Rolls in the container they come in?
Yes! You can bake your cheeseburger sliders right in the paper container the Hawaiian rolls come in as long as your oven temperature does not exceed 350°F. This is the best part about making Hawaiian roll sliders!
This idea equals easy clean-up which is so important! This is one of the many reasons I love this Hawaiian rolls recipe when making sliders. No need to use extra pans and dishes.
How to Bake Bacon in the Oven
The only way I make bacon is in the oven! There is no mess, it comes out super crispy and if you use a cookie cooling rack, it has so much less grease.
Here are my tips for how to make bacon in the oven to use with these Hawaiian roll sliders.
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Place a cookie cooling rack inside a large baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Arrange bacon slices across the cookie rack in one layer. Season with pepper.
- How long to cook bacon in the oven: Bake bacon until the bacon is brown and crispy, approximately 15 minutes for bacon with a little pull to it, or 20 minutes for very crispy bacon (my preference).
You can also use our Candied Bacon Recipe if you like spice!
Delicious & easy to make!Bernadine on Pinterest
What to Serve with Burgers
These beef sliders are just like mini cheeseburgers with bacon, so we recommend serving them with sides you would serve with any burger recipe!
Football Party Foods
Easy Sandwich Recipes
- Turkey Sliders Recipe
- Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Pinwheel Sandwiches
- BBQ hamburgers
- Easy Breakfast Sliders
- Philly Cheesesteak Sliders
Plus, these sliders are one of my favorite football foods – get more Super Bowl Food Ideas!
What do you put on your cheeseburger sliders? Let us know in the comments below, and leave a rating! We love to hear from you.
Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
- 12 Hawaiian Rolls
- 1 lb. ground beef 80/20
- 12 slices American Cheese
- 6 slices Bacon cooked
- 12 slices Pickles
- ketchup and mustard or condiments of your choice; ketchup and mayonnaise spread in rolls also works well
- ¼ tsp. Salt
- 2 teaspoon Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp. Onion powder
- 2 teaspoon Sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. Butter melted
- 1 tsp. Garlic powder
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Preheat oven to 350° F. In a large skillet, heat olive oil, then add ground beef seasoned with salt and onion powder, and cook until the meat is cooked through. Drain grease when done cooking.
- Split the rolls in half, setting the tops aside.Place the bottoms of the rolls back in the paper container.Place 6 slices of American cheese, one on each bottom roll.Spread beef mixture over the cheese.Using your remaining slices of cheese, create a second layer of cheese over the top.Break up the cooked bacon into 12 pieces and add a piece to each roll.Add a pickle slice to each roll.Drizzle with ketchup and mustard or add ketchup and mayonnaise mixture to top buns by spreading inside (optional).
- Add the tops of the rolls. Cover the sliders and container with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes. Remove foil after 15 minutes is up and brush the rolls with melted butter mixed with garlic powder, then sprinkle with sesame seeds. (optional)
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted. Serve, and enjoy!
- For best results we recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand.
- You can use the condiments of your choice for these sliders, and try playing around with the recipe! Just like a classic cheeseburger, you can mix these sliders up any way you want. For a fun twist on this recipe, you could even try your favorite BBQ sauce!
- Use the container the rolls come in for baking – this makes for easy cleanup.
- Bake your bacon in the oven. Follow instructions above and you will have very little cleanup.
- If you want a leaner burger, you can use 90/10 ground beef