Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders baked in the oven are a deliciously easy way to feed a hungry crowd! Score big when you serve this cheesy appetizer recipe piled high with savory bacon and all of your favorite cheeseburger toppings. For more game day inspiration to pair alongside this beef slider recipe check out our Easy Football Food Ideas.
The Big Game is just around the corner and I’m always looking for easy football food ideas for game day. Sliders are a crowd favorite at my parties. I’ve made everything from Philly Cheesesteak Sliders to Chicken Parmesan Sliders and they are all delicious, but I don’t think anything can top my Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders! Make these for your next game day party and watch them disappear.
Bacon cheeseburger is a classic comfort food and my Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders take everything you love about them, from the salty bacon and gooey cheese to your favorite burger fixin’s, and turns them into an amazing beef slider recipe. Sliders are an awesome easy football food idea for game day because you can make a big batch of them and feed a crowd without spending hours getting everything ready in the kitchen.
How to Make Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders
These Bacon Cheeseburger Sliders are super easy to make. You start by browning ground beef and onions. Then you slice your slider buns in half and set the top buns to the side. I like to use a parchment paper lined baking sheet for my sliders because it makes it easy to move them to a platter, but you can also use a casserole dish.
The bottom buns go on the baking sheet with a layer of American cheese. Top with ground beef and onions and another layer of American cheese. Then comes the really good part, BACON! On top of the bacon, place pickle slices and drizzle on the ketchup and mustard. Place tops buns on and the whole pan goes into the oven at 350 degrees F. for 15 minutes. When done, pull them out and brush with butter. Sprinkle on some sesame seeds and bake for a final 5 minutes. When they’re done you can place them on the table and watch them disappear!
Looking for more slider recipes? Try these!
- Baked Hot Pastrami Sliders
- Turkey Sliders with Roasted Tomatoes
- Secret Ingredient Sliders
- Cheesy Corned Beef Sliders
- Duck Confit Sliders
- Easy Salmon Sliders
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.
Sign up for our newsletter to get FREE Sunday Supper recipes delivered right to your inbox!
- 12 Slider buns
- 2 tsp Olive oil
- 1/4 medium Onion
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 14 slices American Cheese
- 6 slices Bacon cooked
- 12 slices Pickle
- Ketchup & Mustard
- 2 tsp Sesame seeds
- 1 tbsp Butter melted
- In a large skillet heat olive oil over medium high heat.
- Add diced onions and cook for 3 minutes.
- Add ground beef and salt and continue to cook until meat is cooked through and onions are translucent.
- Drain grease from beef.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut slider buns in half setting the tops of the buns to the side.
- Place bottom buns on a baking sheet.
- Place 6 slices of American cheese on bottom buns and break last slice in half to completely cover buns with cheese.
- Spread beef and onion mixture over the cheese.
- Using 7 more slices of cheese create a second layer of cheese.
- Break up the cooked bacon into 12 pieces and place so there will be a slice on each bun.
- Place a pickle slice so there will be one pickle on each bun.
- Drizzle with ketchup and mustard.
- Place top buns on top of everything.
- Cover the sliders with aluminum foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and brush buns with melted butter and sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- Bake for another 5 minutes or until cheese is completely melted.
For best results we recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand