Potato and Chorizo Bites are one of the easiest appetizers you can make. Thread sliced Idaho® fingerling potatoes and chorizo onto skewers, season and roast! For the finishing Portuguese touch, serve them with peri peri sauce for dipping. They can be served as a starter for your Sunday Supper or even a fun Weekday Supper.
Store bought sauce will work well but you can also make your own.
Potato and Chorizo Bites
- 8 Chorizo Mexican Chorizo does not work well in this recipe
- 2 pounds fingerling potatoes I loved using white, purple and red in this recipe
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon chili powder if you want to kick up the heat, feel free to add more
- ¼ cup Peri-Peri Sauce
- 1 lemon
- 2 green onions sliced thin
- toothpicks to hold the appetizer together
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- Remove the casing from the chorizo and slice into ¼ inch medallions
- Slice the fingerling potatoes into ¼ inch slices
- Using a toothpick, alternate skewering the chorizo and potatoes. Approximately 5-6 pieces on each toothpick.
- In a small plate, mix the olive oil, garlic powder, paprika and chili powder. I am a wimp, so this recipe only has a little kick. Feel free to spice it up by doubling the chili powder.
- Roll each of the potato and chorizo skewers in the olive oil mixture until well coated all the way around.
- Place the potato and chorizo skewers on a sheet pan and bake at 375º for approximately 45-50 minutes or until the potatoes are crispy on the outside.
- Remove from oven and arrange the skewers on a large platter with a small bowl of piri-piri sauce. I use mild but many times will use milk piri-piri and hot piri-piri when entertaining.
- Sprinkle with green onion slices and garnish with lemon slices and sprinkle additional lemon juice prior to serving.
Love to serve appetizers for supper? Check out these Sunday Supper Recipes:
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.