Our Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp is a real crowd pleaser! Full of delicious Certified Angus Beef® brand sirloin, plump shrimp, red peppers, peas, and onions all in creamy short grain rice. We’ve taken the mystery out of this popular Spanish rice recipe. Now, you can make this easy version right at home with budget-friendly ingredients!
A few months ago, a group of Sunday Supper Movement/Certified Angus Beef® brand Influencers visited the Blythe Cattle Ranch in Kansas. During the trip, we were treated to many amazing culinary delights crafted by the talented Chef Michael and Chef Gavin from Certified Angus Beef® brand. Two of the most memorable recipes they made for us was Beef Harissa Roulade and a Surf and Turf Paella. This wonderful paella consisted of melt-in-your-mouth beef short ribs, shrimp and scallops. Since that day, we have not been able to forget that first and last bite of the delicious paella! So, we felt inspired to create our own version. While our Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp isn’t made from the same recipe, we think it captures the essence of the dish we enjoyed on the trip.
Loosely translated, the word “paella” means “pan.” You may think you need a special pan to make this recipe, but that’s not the case! A large skillet with a fitted lid works perfectly. Paella is one of those recipes that you can make it your own. Use whatever flavors or combination of meats and veggies you like! Rice, however, is the one ingredient consistent with all paella recipes. We used short grain rice in this recipe, but you can use any rice you like. This recipe makes about 8-10 servings. With so much paella, why not invite a few friends over for dinner and make it a party?
Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp is a simple rice recipe for dinner!
- No special cookware or equipment is needed. Our recipe is made in a 12” skillet with a lid right on your stovetop.
- We don’t use the traditional spice saffron in our version, keeping it budget friendly.
- Certified Angus Beef® sirloin steak, sliced thin and quickly seared in olive oil stands in for beef short ribs in our recipe.
- Short grain Arborio rice makes the sauce creamy and helps to bind everything together. Yet, it only takes about 20 minutes to cook.
- There is a bit of prep work involved getting everything ready. But, once it’s all in the pan, it comes together very quickly!
Hungry for more simple rice recipes for dinner? Try Persian Herb Rice with Fish or any of the delicious simple rice recipes for dinner below!
We’ve taken the mystery out of the popular Spanish rice recipe, Paella. Now, you can make this Easy Paella Recipe with Beef and Shrimp at home with budget friendly ingredients!
- 1 pound Sirloin Steak thinly sliced (see note 1)
- 2 Tablespoon olive oil divided
- 8 oz. Chorizo smoked and finely diced
- 1 cup onion chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper chopped
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 cups Arborio rice short grain rice
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 bay leaf dried
- 1 lemon zested
- 30 oz. beef broth
- 1 cup white wine can sub water
- 14 1/2 oz. diced tomatoes DO NOT DRAIN
- 1 pound shrimp raw, deviened, tail-on shrimp
- 1 cup peas frozen
- parsley for garnish
In large 12" skillet, heat 1 TBS olive oil over med-high heat until it begins to shimmer.
Add sliced Certified Angus Beef® sirloin steak. Quickly sear on both sides, then remove to a bowl and keep warm.
Add remaining oil to the pan along with the onion, and red bell pepper. Cook for about 5-6 minutes, until veggies begin to soften. Add in garlic, red pepper flakes, and oregano and cook another minute or so.
Add in the rice, stir to coat with oil and cook for about 3 minutes.
Stir in the Worcestershire sauce, bay leaf, lemon zest, beef broth, wine (or water), and tomatoes. Bring to boil, then cover, reduce heat to med-low and simmer for 20 minutes.
About 6 minutes before rice is done, lift lid and stir in shrimp. Replace cover and cook until just until shrimp is opaque and pink and rice is tender.
Take off cover and stir in reserved steak.
Garnish with parsley, if desired, serve immediately.
- We recommend using Certified Angus Beef® brand for best results
The Sunday Supper Movement is committed to bringing our readers delicious recipes that encourage them to gather and eat together around the family table. Search for your favorite ingredients on our Sunday Supper website. Also check out the Sunday Supper Pinterest boards for plenty more ideas and inspiration.