Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Meet your new favorite rice bowl! Pulled Pork Rice Teriyaki Bowl is one of the best rice bowl recipes ever! Perfect rice with Teriyaki pulled pork and fresh veggies makes for a delicious new spin on a Teriyaki bowl.
I love rice bowl recipes, but I’m always looking for ways to mix things up! Lately, I’ve been experimenting with adding shredded pork to all kinds of recipes. One of my favorites is this Teriyaki Bowl with long grain rice and shredded pork!
This Teriyaki Rice Bowl is perfect if you want to try something new with the perfect balance of flavors. Pulled pork and rice go together so well, this is sure to become one of your favorite pulled pork recipes!
Pulled Pork Bowl Ingredients
I love to add avocado, jalapenos, red onion, corn, green onions, and tomato to my rice bowl recipes, but you can use other toppings for rice, too! Here are the ingredients you’ll need to make this rice bowl:
- Cooked rice – follow my guide on How to Cook Perfect Rice
- Pulled pork – take a look at How to Make Pulled Pork
- Homemade Teriyaki sauce
- Sour cream
- Avocado, cubed
- Jalapenos, sliced or finely chopped
- Red onion, finely chopped
- Cooked yellow corn
- Lime for juicing
- Green onions
- Tomato, finely chopped
The best part about rice bowl recipes is how you can switch them up however you like. Make yourself the perfect bowl of rice, top it with your favorite simple rice toppings, and you have an easy dinner everyone will love!
Plus, when it comes to making rice bowl recipes, they’re the best for using up leftovers. Leftover pulled pork is perfect to use for this recipe!
Rice Bowl Toppings to Try
- Sesame seeds
- Stir fry vegetables, like snap peas and broccoli
- Chop up some Blistered Shishito Peppers
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Garlic Butter White Button Mushroom Recipe
- Other proteins, like…
You can add any toppings you like to rice! Especially this incredibly fluffy Portuguese rice. If you have not tried my easy rice recipe yet, you need to give it a try! It’s delicious and so easy to make, and perfect for rice bowls and stir fry recipes.
Pulled Pork Bowls Recipe Tips
Mix in a little extra homemade teriyaki sauce, garlic, ginger, pulled pork, and stir fry vegetables, and you will have the most delicious teriyaki fried rice!
If you’re frying your rice, I recommend using sesame oil to fry it in, or canola if you have it on hand.
How to Make a Rice Bowl
- Spoon rice into a bowl.
- Top with pulled pork.
- Add toppings as you prefer, such as avocado, corn, chopped red onions, jalapenos, green onions, and tomato. I generally use about half a tablespoon of each topping per person.
- Squeeze a bit of lime on top.
- Spoon on about teriyaki sauce, or more or less as you prefer. At this point, I like to stir it through the bowl so the Teriyaki flavor is mixed throughout.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or drizzle on sour cream if you prefer – I find it adds a delicious creaminess! To drizzle it on, add your sour cream to a plastic bag and cut the top off of one end to squeeze it through.
- Repeat for a total of four servings, and enjoy!
Rice Bowl Toppings Bar
My family can’t get enough of this pulled pork and rice bowl recipe! I love switching up the toppings or even creating a rice toppings bar for everyone to add their own toppings for rice. Set everything out and let the family pick and choose their favorites!
Some of my favorite toppings to add to a rice bowl recipe like this are beef or chicken, along with stir fry vegetables. If you make a beef rice bowl with carne picada, try serving it over cilantro lime rice.
Another one of my favorites is adding Portuguese Peri Peri Chicken to rice. It’s a little spicy, and even more delicious with extra homemade Peri Peri sauce to top it with. Flavor your rice with onions and garlic, and you have an easy, delicious dinner in a bowl!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Pulled pork and rice is definitely my new favorite way to make a Teriyaki bowl!. Fresh veggies add even more flavor to an already incredibly flavorful mix of perfect rice and Teriyaki pork.
Have you tried this teriyaki bowl recipe? I’d love to know what you think and what toppings you add to yours! Let me know in the comments below and with a rating.
If you make this recipe at home, share it with me on Pinterest! You can visit the pin directly by clicking the image below, then comment on it if you’ve given it a try. And snap a picture – I love seeing your creations!
Easy Rice Bowl Recipes
Best Pulled Pork Recipes
- Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwich Recipe
- Pulled Pork Pizza Flatbread Recipe
- Pulled Pork Stuffed Shells
- Pulled Pork Poutine Recipe
- Oven Roasted Pulled Pork Nachos
- Pulled Pork Tacos
- Grilled Pork Butt
- Smoked Pork Butt
If you love pork chops as much as I do, check out my favorite pork chop recipes! Plus, pulled pork makes a great vacation recipe! Try more of my Easy Vacation Meals for ideas of what you can make while on vacation.
Teriyaki Bowl with Pulled Pork Rice
- 4 cups cooked rice see note 1
- 2 cups pulled pork see note 2
- ⅓ cup Teriyaki sauce see note 3
- ¼ cup sour cream
- 1 avocado diced
- 2 jalapenos sliced or diced as you prefer
- 1 red onion finely chopped
- ½ cup cooked yellow corn
- 1 lime for juicing
- ½ cup green onions sliced
- 1 tomato finely chopped
- Spoon 1 cup of rice into a bowl.
- Top with ½ cup pulled pork.
- Add toppings as you prefer, such as avocado, corn, chopped red onions, jalapenos, green onions, and tomato.
- Squeeze a bit of lime on top.
- Spoon on about 1 Tbsp. teriyaki sauce or more or less as you prefer.
- Add a dollop of sour cream or drizzle on sour cream if you prefer – I find it adds a perfect creaminess!
- Repeat for a total of four servings.
- How to Cook Perfect Rice: See our guide on how to cook perfect rice linked in the post above for the perfect rice to use in this recipe!
- How to Make Pulled Pork: Find the link for our slow cooker pulled pork recipe in the post above for the pork to use in this Teriyaki bowl.
- How to Make Teriyaki Sauce: Use extra Teriyaki sauce from our slow cooker pulled pork recipe, or make additional Teriyaki sauce using the recipe in our How to Make Teriyaki Sauce guide linked above.
- Toppings are as you prefer: Use however much of each topping you prefer! These toppings should be enough to feed a family of 4. To feed a larger group, add 1 cup of rice and ½ cup of pulled pork per person.