Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
This crispy air fryer grilled cheese sandwich is going to blow your mind. Super crispy and tasty on the outside and cheesy goodness on the inside. Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is the BEST way to make grilled cheese.
Crispy, crunchy bread, with ooey, gooey cheese – that’s the sign of a perfect grilled cheese recipe. One bite of this unbelievably good grilled cheese air fryer recipe, and I know you’re going to love it.
Gourmet Grilled Cheese Topping
I have a secret. What makes this grilled cheesy so incredibly delicious is the outside coating – the French fry seasoning!
Everyone loves classic grilled cheese sandwich recipes, especially paired with tomato soup or crispy french fries. If you ask me, a meal like grilled cheese and tomato soup is the perfect comfort food!
It’s that perfect combination of crispy bread and your favorite gooey cheese that makes homemade grilled cheese so special.. thrown in the delicious outer coating and this air fried grilled recipe goes above and beyond!
I promise you, give this air fryer grilled cheese a try, and you will always want to use your air fryer for grilled cheese. The results are just outstanding every time!
🍞 Best Bread for Grilled Cheese
- Texas Toast Garlic Bread
- Sourdough Bread
- White Bread
- French Bread
- Potato Bread
Basically, any thick sliced bread will work. When I have time, I love making French bread and using it for my grilled cheese sandwiches.
🧀 Best Cheese for Grilled Cheese
- Colby Jack
Colby Jack is one of my favorite choices, as it melts beautifully and has a great flavor. But feel free to have fun and try different cheese in this recipe.
Use my garlic parmesan French fry seasoning recipe! It takes just minutes to mix together, and adds so much flavor to this sandwich!
🥪 What to Serve with Grilled Cheese
If you’re serving your air fryer grilled cheese with fries, definitely make a batch of Sriracha Fry Sauce Recipe. This is a new take on fancy sauce that this sandwich tastes amazing dipped in!
📖 More Grilled Cheese Recipes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Best Ever Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread your choice – I used French bread and garlic bread
- 2 slices cheese your choice – I used Colby Jack
- Butter for buttering the bread
- Garlic Parmesan French Fry Seasoning optional
- Butter the tops of two slices of bread.
- Place 2 slices of cheese between the bread.
- Pat French Fry Seasoning on top (optional).
- Add to the air fryer and cook at 350°F for 5 minutes on one side. Flip, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Best bread for grilled cheese: For making my air fryer grilled cheese, I like to use both French bread and garlic bread.
- Best cheese for grilled cheese: Colby Jack is a great choice for the cheese, as it melts beautifully and has a great flavor.
- Please note the nutrition value does not include the French fry seasoning.