Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
So you love grilled cheese, but have you had air fryer grilled cheese? I’m going to show you how to make grilled cheese in the air fryer, and it is going to blow your mind. Seriously! Air Fryer Grilled Cheese is the BEST way to make grilled cheese.
Crispy, crunchy bread, with ooey, gooey cheese – that’s the sign of a perfect grilled cheese recipe. One bite of this unbelievably good grilled cheese air fryer recipe, and I know you’re going to love it. My secret? French fry seasoning!
Gourmet Grilled Cheese
Everyone loves classic grilled cheese sandwich recipes, especially paired with tomato soup or crispy french fries. If you ask me, a meal like grilled cheese and tomato soup is the perfect comfort food!
It’s that perfect combination of crispy bread and your favorite gooey cheese that makes homemade grilled cheese so special. But this grilled cheese in air fryer recipe goes above and beyond!
When I first decided on how to make a grilled cheese sandwich in the air fryer, I had no idea it would be this amazing. I had a hunch, but you have to taste this sandwich to believe just how special it is!
I promise you, give this air fryer grilled cheese a try, and you will always want to use your air fryer for grilled cheese. The results are just outstanding every time!
🍞 Best Bread for Grilled Cheese
For making my air fryer grilled cheese, I like to use both French bread and garlic bread. I find the garlic bread adds even more flavor to this already delicious grilled cheese recipe, so I highly recommend you give it a try!
🧀 Best Cheese for Grilled Cheese
Colby Jack is a great choice for the cheese, as it melts beautifully and has a great flavor.
Paired with a little butter and Garlic Parmesan French Fry Seasoning, this is one gourmet grilled cheese you’re going to want to make again and again!
Use my garlic parmesan French fry seasoning recipe! It takes just minutes to mix together, and adds so much flavor to this sandwich!
🥪 What to Serve with Grilled Cheese
And of course, grilled cheese and fries is delicious. My favorite air fryer frozen French fries are linked above in the post, but also give these baked crispy potato wedges a try. They are so yummy!
If you’re serving your air fryer grilled cheese with fries, definitely make a batch of Sriracha Fry Sauce Recipe. This is a new take on fancy sauce that this sandwich tastes amazing dipped in!
📖 More Grilled Cheese Recipes
Did you try my recipe for grilled cheese in the air fryer? Let me know in the comments below and with a rating! I love to hear from you.
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Best Ever Air Fryer Grilled Cheese
- 2 slices bread your choice – I used French bread and garlic bread
- 2 slices cheese your choice – I used Colby Jack
- Butter for buttering the bread
- Garlic Parmesan French Fry Seasoning optional
- Butter the tops of two slices of bread.
- Place 2 slices of cheese between the bread.
- Pat French Fry Seasoning on top (optional).
- Add to the air fryer and cook at 350°F for 5 minutes on one side. Flip, then cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Best bread for grilled cheese: For making my air fryer grilled cheese, I like to use both French bread and garlic bread.
- Best cheese for grilled cheese: Colby Jack is a great choice for the cheese, as it melts beautifully and has a great flavor.
- Please note the nutrition value does not include the French fry seasoning.