Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My easy Ham and Cheese Sliders on Hawaiian rolls are a fun weeknight dinner or party food with so much flavor in one little bite! They are the best Sliders Recipe!
These delicious Hawaiian roll sliders are ready in under 15 minutes and bake right in the package for easy cleanup. Perfect for using up leftover ham.
- Best Hawaiian Roll Sliders
- Ham and Cheese Sliders Ingredients
- How to Make Hawaiian Sliders
- How to Make Air Fryer Sliders
- Garlic Butter Sauce for Sliders
- Sliders Recipe FAQs
- Hawaiian Roll Sliders Recipe Tips
- Easy Ham Recipes
- Best Slider Recipes
- Sliders Recipes Equipment
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Best Hawaiian Roll Sliders
Everyone in my house loves Hawaiian roll sliders. I am constantly making them for game day parties or just for a fun weekday meal!
Of all the sliders I make, Hawaiian roll sliders with ham and cheese are one of my family’s favorites. I love this recipe because I can use leftover ham to make them, and they take just minutes to make in the air fryer or oven.
Did you know you can even bake them in the package the rolls come in? It’s true, and it saves so much clean-up time! I am here to tell you, that this is one of the best leftover ham recipes ever. Your family will crave these easy sliders again and again!
Ham and Cheese Sliders Ingredients
- Hawaiian rolls (12 pack)
- Sliced cheese, your preference (Swiss and Provolone work well in my experience)
- Leftover sliced ham, or deli ham
- garlic butter sauce
- salt and pepper
How to Make Hawaiian Sliders
- Keep the cardboard tray the rolls come packaged in! You will bake the sliders in this tray.
- Prepare your sliders as directed in the recipe instructions. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
How to Make Air Fryer Sliders
I like to make ham and cheese sliders in the air fryer for an even quicker cook time. They make one of the easiest air fryer recipes!
- Don’t throw away the cardboard tray the rolls come in! You’ll use it to bake the sliders.
- Prepare your sandwiches as directed in the recipe instructions. Wrap in foil.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
Garlic Butter Sauce for Sliders
What really sets this dish apart from other ham sliders is that it uses our garlic butter sauce mixed with honey. The sweet, buttery, herby flavor pairs so well with ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls.
Mix honey with our Garlic Butter Sauce to make Honey Garlic Butter Sauce. It’s amazing on our air fryer ham and cheese sliders!
Sliders Recipe FAQs
Ham and cheese baked sliders are so easy to make ahead of time. Simply prepare the sliders as directed, store in the refrigerator in the original baking package wrapped in foil, then bake in minutes when ready to serve.
Ham and cheese sliders are good cold, too, but they are much better when warmed up. To warm up leftovers, simply heat them in 30 second intervals in the microwave until heated through.
You can freeze garlic butter ham and cheese sliders for 3-6 months by preparing them as instructed, but leave them unbaked. Wrap tightly with foil and place in the freezer, labeled with the freezing date, until ready to use.
These sliders are of a decent size but account for each person to eat 2-3 sliders depending on their appetite. For a large group, you may want to double the batch.
Dip ham and cheese sliders in extra garlic butter sauce or even homemade cheese sauce for extra richness.
The best cheeses to use for this easy sliders recipe are Swiss, White Cheddar, White American, and Provolone. Each cheese melts well and pairs deliciously with sweet ham and the honey garlic butter sauce.
Hawaiian Roll Sliders Recipe Tips
- Slice before serving. Because our ham and cheese sliders in the air fryer use large slices of leftover ham, I recommend slicing them before serving rather than just pulling them apart.
- Use your favorite ham for leftover ham sliders. Leftovers are my favorite for this recipe, but you can also use deli meat. You will need around 12 slices. Fold them over when placing them on the rolls. Leftover ham sliders are one of the best ways to use leftover ham!
Easy Ham Recipes
I love making these leftover ham sliders using my favorite ham recipes. Here are my best ham recipes to make ahead of time and use:
Best Slider Recipes
Sliders Recipes Equipment
My favorite part about making Hawaiian roll sliders is you can use the cardboard tray they come in as a baking tray. This saves you from having to clean a baking dish!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Easy Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Air fryer OR oven
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 pack)
- 8-10 slices cheese your preference (Swiss, white cheddar, white American, or provolone work well)
- 4-6 slices leftover ham or about 12 slices of deli ham
- ½ cup garlic butter sauce
- ½ tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine ½ cup garlic butter with 3 tablespoons honey. Mix well. Slice a 12 pack of Hawaiian rolls in half. This is important: do not throw out the cardboard container! You will use it to bake the sliders.Spread the honey garlic butter mixture on the inside of the rolls. I use a basting brush to evenly brush it across.
- Top both sides of the rolls with 8-10 slices of cheese.
- Then, top one side with 4-6 slices of leftover ham (or about 12 slices of deli ham).
- Place the top layer of rolls back over the bottom layer, then evenly brush more of the honey garlic butter mixture over the top.
- Season the top of the rolls with salt and pepper to taste. Add the completed rolls back to the cardboard tray they came in. Pack it tightly against the rolls. Cover the cardboard tray with foil.
- Air fryer instructions: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.Oven instructions: Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove foil, cut, serve, and enjoy!
- Use the cardboard tray the sliders are packaged in. My favorite part about making Hawaiian roll slider recipes is that you can use the cardboard tray they come in as a baking tray. This saves you from having to clean a baking dish!
- Slice before serving. Because this recipe uses large slices of leftover ham, I recommend slicing these little sandwiches before serving them rather than just pulling them apart.
- Use your favorite deli ham. Leftover ham is my favorite for this recipe, but you can also use deli ham. You will need around 12 slices to have enough ham for each roll. Fold them over when placing them on the rolls.