Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Our Honey Garlic Butter Ham and Cheese Sliders are a fun weeknight dinner or party food with so much flavor in one little bite! These delicious Hawaiian roll sliders are ready in under 15 minutes and bake right in the package for easy cleanup. Perfect for using up leftover ham!
- No Baking Dish Necessary
- Honey Garlic Butter Sauce for Sliders
- Air Fryer Instructions
- Oven Instructions
- What cheese is good for melting?
- Can these be made ahead of time?
- How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
- What Goes with Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Easy Ham Recipes
- 📌 Pin it for later!
- 📋 Recipe
- 💬 Reviews
Everyone in my house loves Hawaiian roll sliders. I am constantly making them for game day parties or just for a fun weekday meal.
Hawaiian roll ham and cheese sliders are one of my family’s favorites. I love this recipe because I can use leftover ham to make them – and they take just minutes to make!
I am here to tell you, this is one of the best leftover ham recipes ever!
No Baking Dish Necessary
My favorite part about making Hawaiian roll sliders is you can use the cardboard tray they come in as a baking tray. This saves you from having to clean a baking dish!
Honey Garlic Butter Sauce for Sliders
What really sets this dish apart from other ham sliders is that it uses our garlic butter sauce mixed with honey. The sweet, buttery, herby flavor pairs so well with ham and cheese on Hawaiian rolls.
Mix honey with our Garlic Butter Sauce to make it. It’s amazing on our air fryer ham and cheese sliders!
Air Fryer Instructions
I like to make air fryer ham and cheese sliders with garlic butter for an even quicker cook time. They make one of the easiest air fryer recipes!
- Don’t throw away the cardboard tray the rolls come in! You’ll use it to bake the sliders.
- Prepare your sandwiches as directed in the recipe instructions. Wrap in foil.
- Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.
You can also make these Hawaiian roll sliders in your oven, too. Here’s how:
- Keep the cardboard tray the rolls come packaged in! You will bake the sliders in this tray.
- Prepare your sliders as directed in the recipe instructions. Wrap in aluminum foil.
- Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese melts.
What cheese is good for melting?
Our favorite cheeses to use for this easy sliders recipe are:
- White cheddar
- White American
Each cheese melts well and pairs deliciously with sweet ham and the honey garlic butter sauce!
Can these be made ahead of time?
Yes! Ham and cheese baked sliders are so easy to make ahead of time. I make them all the time for get-togethers and parties. They’re perfect for special occasions like game day! Simply prepare the sliders as directed, then bake in minutes when ready to serve.
How to Make Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Slice before serving. Because our ham and cheese sliders in the air fryer use large slices of leftover ham, I recommend slicing them before serving rather than just pulling them apart.
- Use your favorite ham. Leftovers are my favorite for this recipe, but you can also use deli meat. You will need around 12 slices. Fold them over when placing them on the rolls.
What Goes with Ham and Cheese Sliders
Easy Ham Recipes
To make these air fryer ham sliders, I love to use leftovers. Here are my favorite recipes to make ahead of time and use:
Get more Hawaiian Roll Slider Recipes!
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Honey Garlic Butter Ham and Cheese Sliders
- Air fryer OR oven
- 1 package Hawaiian rolls (12 pack)
- 8-10 slices cheese your preference (Swiss, white cheddar, white American, or provolone work well)
- 4-6 slices leftover ham or about 12 slices of deli ham
- ½ cup garlic butter sauce
- ½ tablespoons honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a bowl, combine ½ cup garlic butter with 3 tablespoons honey. Mix well.
- Slice a 12 pack of Hawaiian rolls in half. This is important: do not throw out the cardboard container! You will use it to bake the sliders.Spread the honey garlic butter mixture on the inside of the rolls. I use a basting brush to evenly brush it across.
- Top both sides of the rolls with 8-10 slices of cheese. Then, top one side with 4-6 slices of leftover ham (or about 12 slices of deli ham).
- Place the top layer of rolls back over the bottom layer, then evenly brush more of the honey garlic butter mixture over the top.
- Season the top of the rolls with salt and pepper to taste. Add the completed rolls back to the cardboard tray they came in. Pack it tightly against the rolls. Cover the cardboard tray with foil.
- Air fryer instructions: Preheat your air fryer to 350°F and cook for 8 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted.Oven instructions: Preheat your oven to 350°F and bake for 10 minutes or until the cheese is nicely melted. Remove foil, cut, serve, and enjoy!
- Use the cardboard tray the sliders are packaged in. My favorite part about making Hawaiian roll slider recipes is that you can use the cardboard tray they come in as a baking tray. This saves you from having to clean a baking dish!
- Slice before serving. Because this recipe uses large slices of leftover ham, I recommend slicing these little sandwiches before serving them rather than just pulling them apart.
- Use your favorite deli ham. Leftover ham is my favorite for this recipe, but you can also use deli ham. You will need around 12 slices to have enough ham for each roll. Fold them over when placing them on the rolls.