Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My pulled pork recipe will be your most requested recipe for any get-together! Slow cooker pulled pork is so mouth-wateringly good, you will be amazed at how easy it is to prepare.
There is so much you can do with pulled pork roast. The amount of shredded pork recipes you can make with leftover pulled pork is endless! BBQ pulled pork sandwiches, pulled pork tacos, pulled pork pizza, and more.
Best Pulled Pork Recipe
This is my go-to recipe for every family gathering and every beach vacation. Our family knows when they visit me in Florida, they will be welcomed by the delicious smell of pulled pork.
You can use this slow-cooked pork for just about anything, and it is going to be delicious. One of my family’s favorites is pulled pork nachos with lots and lots of cheese.
And of course, there are pulled pork sandwiches. Whip these up with some coleslaw and extra of the teriyaki sauce mixture used in the pulled pork rub, on buttery buns, and with baked potato wedges as a side, and you have one of the best recipes of all time.
This was the easiest pulled pork recipe I have ever made and it was delicious. My family loved this meal!Amanda on Pinterest
Pulled Pork Recipe Ingredients
- pork loin
- BBQ Sauce or Teriyaki Sauce
- beef broth
- brown sugar
- garlic powder
- onion powder
- black pepper
How to Make Pulled Pork in the Slow Cooker
- Mix together BBQ sauce, beef broth, and brown sugar in a bowl. Then, stir in garlic powder, paprika, onion powder, and black pepper.
- Place the pork roast into the slow cooker, and cover with the sauce mixture.
- Cook on High for about 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking time to ensure even doneness. Start to encourage the pork to shred by pulling apart with 2 forks.
- Turn the slow cooker on low and cook for approximately 45 minutes until most of the juice absorbs and the pork shreds. Remove fat from the pork using tongs and set aside on a plate for disposal.
Pulled Pork Recipes FAQs
My favorite cut to use is a pork loin. I do not advise using pork shoulder as it most often comes with the skin on and is a bit too fatty for a crockpot recipe.
I always recommend using a sauce and also beef or chicken broth. This will create the juiciest pork!
Most of the time I make this recipe ahead of time and let it sit on the lowest possible setting until ready to serve. This is why it’s so important to add some broth and bbq sauce.
Slow Cooker Pork Recipes Variations
- Teriyaki: Replace BBQ sauce with Teriyaki sauce, keeping other ingredients the same.
- Peach pulled pork: Use ½ cup of ponzu sauce and thin slices of peach or nectarine instead of Teriyaki sauce for a sweet and spicy peach pulled pork.
- Spicy Portuguese pulled pork: Use ½ cup red pepper paste or puree and ½ cup peri peri sauce instead of Teriyaki sauce.
Best Pork Recipes
- Grilled Pork Butt
- Slow Cooker Pork Ribs
- Smoked Pork Butt
- Oven Baked Pork Tenderloin
- Air Fryer Pork Chops
Pulled Pork Leftover Recipes
- Pulled Pork Tacos
- Pulled Pork Nachos
- Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- Pulled Pork Bowls
- Pulled Pork Flatbread
- Pulled Pork Poutine
Side Dishes for Pulled Pork
If you love pork, you will love my Instant Pot Pork Tenderloin and my absolute favorite pork chop recipes for Sunday Supper: Smothered Pork Chops and Sous Vide Pork Chops. They are so easy to prepare and amazingly delicious.
The Easiest Slow Cooker Pulled Pork
- Two forks
- 2 lbs. pork loin roast
- 1 cup BBQ Sauce
- 1 cup beef broth
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Mix together 1 cup BBQ sauce, 1 cup beef broth, and ¼ cup brown sugar in a bowl. Add in 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, and ¼ teaspoon black pepper. Stir.1 cup BBQ Sauce, 1 cup beef broth, ¼ cup brown sugar, 1 tablespoon garlic powder, 1 tablespoon paprika, 1 teaspoon onion powder, ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- Add the 2 lbs. pork loin roast to the slow cooker and cover with the teriyaki sauce mixture.2 lbs. pork loin roast
- Cook on High for 4 hours, turning 2 to 3 times during the cooking to ensure the pork cooks evenly. Start to encourage the pork to shred by pulling apart with 2 forks.
- Turn the slow cooker to Low and cook for approximately 45 minutes, until most of the juice is absorbed and the pork shreds. Remove fat from pork with tongs and set aside on a plate to dispose of. Serve and enjoy!