Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
My Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana recipe tastes just like the Olive Garden potato soup you know and love, but it’s ready in 30 minutes using simple ingredients in the Instant Pot! My recipe for Zuppa Toscana will become a family favorite and a kitchen staple of yours, I guarantee it.
Homemade Zuppa Toscana
Copycat recipes are so fun because you get to bring a familiar favorite into your kitchen! This easy Instant Pot recipe is a hearty and delicious meal and it tastes just like your favorite Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana.
Not only is this meal delicious, but it is completely versatile. The Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana Recipe can be spicy, seasonal, gluten-free, and even keto! Yes, that’s right… I have totally made this dish low carb before – and it is delicious.
My family loves this Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana recipe because it is delicious, I love it because it is a quick and easy copycat recipe you don’t need a reservation for!
Make Zuppa Toscana low carb by swapping out the potatoes for cauliflower. I use one head of cauliflower and cut it into 1-inch florets. Follow the recipe as instructed, as if you were using potatoes.
If it feels like a lot of cauliflower, don’t worry – it will cook down in the soup. After trying it this way for a friend who loves keto recipes, I started making it this way for my own family. I love cauliflower zuppa toscana!
Zuppa Toscana, meaning “Tuscan Soup”, is an Italian potato soup recipe including a mix of vegetables in a creamy broth. American Zuppa Toscana recipes are often made using potatoes, kale, and bacon. My easy recipe, inspired by the Olive Garden soup recipe, uses Italian sausage, potatoes, bacon, garlic, and heavy cream.
Zuppa Toscana is naturally gluten-free. Double-check that the chicken broth does not contain gluten when purchasing your ingredients.
Store Zuppa Toscana for up to 3 days in the refrigerator in an airtight container, or for up to 1 month in the freezer.
To freeze, allow it to cool and add to a freezer-safe container or plastic bag labeled with the freezing date. To reheat, defrost overnight in the refrigerator and add to a saucepan over low heat.
Frozen soups can also be reheated in the microwave by placing the container or bag in a microwave-safe bowl and filling it halfway with water. Microwave on high in 30 second intervals, stirring occasionally.
- Add more ingredients: Kale, zucchini, carrots, and cannellini beans are great additions
- Use hot Italian sausage instead of mild for more spice in your Zuppa Toscana soup recipe.
- Use our Candied Bacon or Air Fryer Bacon for an incredibly flavorful addition!
What goes with Zuppa Toscana?
This Zuppa Toscana Instant Pot recipe can work as a standalone meal, but I like to serve it with crusty bread and a side salad- is there anything more satisfying?
- Garlic Bread: Make our Pressure Cooker French Bread with some Garlic Herb Butter to spread on top!
- Salad: Make our Buttermilk Ranch Salad – just leave out the grilled chicken!
- Biscuits or rolls: Try serving with fluffy Air Fried Biscuits.
- Breadsticks are a great side for this classic Olive Garden soup recipe.
Easy Soup Recipes
Try more of our favorite easy soup recipes to make at home just like this Olive Garden sausage soup. That means even more copycat recipes and Instant Pot soup recipes you’ll love!
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Tortilla Soup
- Instant Pot Italian Wedding Soup
- Rustic Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Noodle Soup
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Save the Video Pin
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Instant Pot Zuppa Toscana
- 1 lb. Mild Italian sausage
- 5 Russet potatoes
- 1 White onion diced
- 2 Tbsp. Minced garlic
- 5 strips Bacon cooked and chopped
- 1 cup Heavy cream
- 6 cups Chicken broth
- 1 Tbsp. Olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Set a 6-qt. Instant Pot to Saute mode. Add olive oil and mild Italian sausage to the pot and cook, stirring often, until the sausage browns and is crumbly.
- Add onion and minced garlic. Cook and stir frequently until the onions are translucent.
- Mix in bacon, potatoes, chicken broth, and a crack of black pepper. Stir well.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes. Carefully quick-release the pressure when time is up, then slowly stir in the heavy cream. Season with sea salt and more fresh black pepper to taste. Serve, and enjoy!
- Sweeten it up: If you prefer, you can use sweet Italian sausage instead of mild spicy sausage. It will have a little less of a kick to it, but will be just as delicious!
- Add some greens: Kale or spinach are popular choices of greens to add to Zuppa Toscana. If you want to use these greens in your soup, we recommend adding them at the same time as the cream after cooking in the Instant Pot, and stirring them in until wilted.
- Reheat it: If you have leftovers you want to reheat, you can do so in the microwave or on the stove. On the stove, reheat over low heat, stirring occasionally. In the microwave, reheat in 30 second intervals, stirring between intervals, for a total of 1 minute and 30 seconds to 2 minutes.
- The best way to freeze this soup if you’re making it ahead of time is to skip adding the cream until you’re ready to heat it up and eat it. Let it cool, then freeze. Add the cream after reheating.