Complete your Thanksgiving dinner ideas with the BEST Thanksgiving side dishes! Your traditional Thanksgiving dinner needs a little “something, something”, and we know what it is: these easy Thanksgiving sides ideas!
We mean more than just your traditional Thanksgiving sides; we’re sharing our favorite fun, unique, vegetarian, and gluten free recipes for the holiday, too!
Wow your family this Thanksgiving Day by choosing some of our Thanksgiving sides!
Your new favorite Thanksgiving dinner ideas!
We guarantee you will find your new favorite Thanksgiving sides ideas on this list! From traditional Thanksgiving sides to new favorites, we have it all here for you to make the best Thanksgiving dinner ever.
When you’re looking for side dishes for turkey, more than just a few ideas come to mind! Here’s how we organize our list of side dishes for Thanksgiving:
- The Best Thanksgiving Casseroles: For classics like baked creamed corn casserole and new favorites like cauliflower cheese casserole, look here!
- Easy Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes: Smashed Brussels sprouts are a hit right now, and brown sugar-glazed carrots are a forever favorite! Find these and more!
- Simple & Delicious Thanksgiving Salads: Your holiday table needs a salad! Try our personal favorite roasted artichoke salad, broccoli apple salad, and more.
- Fun & Unique Thanksgiving Side Dishes: Try something new this year, like our candied bacon recipe or green bean almondine!
- Gluten-Free Side Dishes for Thanksgiving: Serving gluten free guests? We have gluten free stuffing, gluten free potatoes au gratin, and more, to make everyone at the table happy!
These side dishes work for all Thanksgiving dinner ideas, but we highly recommend you try them with our Best Thanksgiving Turkey Recipe! We make our moist, delicious turkey with our Garlic Butter Recipe and tangy citrus. It’s an incredible recipe you’ll want to make every year!
The Best Thanksgiving Casseroles
Casseroles are a classic for Thanksgiving! These are the best side dishes for a crowd! There’s a recipe for everyone, so they’re always a hit at the holiday table!
Our personal favorite easy side dishes for a large crowd are baked creamed corn casserole and cauliflower cheese casserole.
- Baked Creamed Corn Casserole
- Easy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Southern Sweet Potato Casserole
- Ina Garten Mac and Cheese
- Loaded Cauliflower Rice Casserole
- Cauliflower Cheese Casserole
- Sweet Potato Mac and Cheese Casserole
- Tomato Casserole (Tomato Pasta Bake)
- Swedish Creamy Potato Casserole (Jansson’s Frestelse)
- Sage, Fig, and Pancetta Stuffing from Wanderlust & Wellness
- Squash Casserole from All the King’s Morsels
If you’re wondering where the green bean casserole is, keep going! We have that for you further down with our delicious gluten free green bean casserole recipe.
Easy Thanksgiving Vegetable Side Dishes for a Crowd
Vegetables make easy side dishes that add a pop of color to your holiday table! This collection of Thanksgiving vegetable side dishes are perfect for any table, whether you’re a fan of smashed Brussels sprouts or even green bean almondine, which is one of our favorite green bean Thanksgiving side dishes!
- Roasted Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
- Garlic Parmesan Roasted Carrots
- Smashed Brussels Sprouts
- Button Mushrooms Recipe
- Baked Portobello Mushrooms
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
- Vegetarian Stuffed Mushroom Recipe
- Brown Sugar Glazed Carrots
- Green Bean Almondine
Simple & Delicious Thanksgiving Salads
Salads are an easy side dish recipe for any occasion, but we especially love Thanksgiving salads! This collection of simple salad recipes is just what you need to complete your Thanksgiving dinner ideas with something a little light and healthy.
Try our roasted Brussels sprouts and wild rice salad or our popular favorite and one of the best Turkey side dishes, roasted artichoke salad!
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Wild Rice Salad
- Roasted Artichoke Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Asparagus Salad with Rice
- Spinach Pomegranate Salad
Fun & Unique Thanksgiving Side Dish Recipes
Try something new at the table this year! These simple dishes make the best unique side dishes for Thanksgiving. We have potato side dishes, like marquis potatoes and Irish mashed potatoes, or even our candied bacon recipe!
- Marquis Potatoes (Pommes Marquise)
- Easy Sprouted Bread Recipe
- Candied Bacon Recipe
- Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- Yorkshire Pudding Recipe (Popover Recipe)
- Irish Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Applesauce
Gluten Free Side Dishes for Thanksgiving
Try these gluten free side dishes if you have gluten free guests to serve! Even if no one at your table is gluten free, these easy Thanksgiving sides ideas will be some of your favorites.
Our gluten free stuffing is as good as stuffing with gluten products in it, and our gluten free au gratin potatoes are a crazy popular showstopper!
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes
- Gluten Free Stuffing
- Homemade Rice-A-Roni Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Green Bean Casserole
- Gluten Free Rolls
- Easy Homemade Biscuits Gluten Free
What do you serve every year for Thanksgiving? We would love to hear from you! Let us know in the comments below, and while you’re at it, tell us your favorite recipe from this list!
This post was updated on 11/10/2019.