This post may contain paid links. If you make a purchase through links on our site, we may earn a commission.
Plan the perfect holiday party with my Simple Buffet Ideas! This collection of perfect crowd-feeding recipes makes menu planning for a holiday get-together or special occasion so much easier. From breakfast buffet food to buffet desserts, you will find everything you need on this list!
Holiday menu planning does not have to be stressful! I love planning for the holidays, but the trick to coming up with the perfect menu and not stressing yourself out is to plan it all ahead of time.
Serving your meals buffet-style is the perfect solution to holiday stress. Plan it all out beforehand, then prep and serve. The best part is, simple buffet ideas give you more time to spend with your guests.
Buffet food ideas also allow your guests to personalize their dinner, so it’s a great choice to serve a buffet when you know you’ll be hosting picky eaters or guests with food allergies. And, it’s just plain fun! Who doesn’t love a buffet?
Buffet Food for Breakfast
Make it an all-you-can-eat breakfast with our easy and simple breakfast buffet ideas!
Buffet Ideas – Appetizers
Simple party food is a must for buffet appetizers! Try our favorites:
Buffet Food Ideas – Casseroles
Casseroles make the easiest buffet menu ideas! Our favorites are easy to make, and simple to store and reheat in a pinch.
Buffet Foods – Vegetables
Vegetable side dishes make such simple buffet ideas! They pair well with everything and are so simple to prepare and serve.
Ideas for Buffet Food – Salads
Salads are a must for filling out your party food buffet ideas! Here are our best salad recipes for a crowd:
Buffet Ideas – Main Course
These buffet-style main course ideas are perfect for holiday menu planning!
Buffet Menu Ideas – Desserts
These are the easiest desserts to make ahead of time for a buffet party!
Holiday Menu Ideas
- Christmas Side Dishes
- Side Dishes for Ham
- New Year’s Eve Menu Ideas
- Side Dishes for Prime Rib
- Popular Thanksgiving Dishes
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
What’s your favorite dish to serve for a buffet? Did you try any of these party food buffet ideas? Let us know in the comments below! We love to hear from you!
Buffet Ideas – Sausage Casserole
- 9" by 13" baking dish
See our Cooking Conversions Chart for help converting measurements!
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Coat a 9-inch by 13-inch baking dish with non-stick spray. Set aside.Brown sausage in a large skillet over medium-high heat until browned all the way through, about 6 to 8 minutes. Be sure to break up the sausage as it cooks. Remove from heat and strain off grease. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, heavy cream, salt, pepper, onion powder, and paprika until fully incorporated. Add cheese and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Open crescent rolls and roll according to package directions. Arrange 15 rolls in prepared baking dish in three rows with 5 rolls in each row.
- Add sausage to the baking dish, spreading it evenly over the rolls.
- Pour the egg mixture over the rolls and sausage.
- Bake for 25 minutes. Carefully remove from the oven. Allow to sit for 5 minutes.Sprinkle top with green onions, if desired. Serve warm.
- Make sure to use ground sausage or breakfast patties, not the links. Regular, hot, or sage sausage is perfect for this dish.
- This crescent roll breakfast Casserole is great with a little hot sauce on it.
- You can substitute bacon or ham for the sausage in this casserole.