Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Strawberry Chicken Salad uses light, wholesome, and simple ingredients for a flavorful separate course salad or main course salad recipe. With sweet, juicy strawberries, shredded rotisserie chicken, feta cheese, and an easy homemade red wine vinaigrette, every bite is deliciously snappy and fresh.
I love salad as a main course, and this Strawberry Chicken Salad recipe really fits the bill. It will fit right in with your favorite main course ideas, but works as an accompaniment salad, too.
What makes this Strawberry Chicken Salad recipe so fantastic is you can mix it up how you like to make it a main course salad or an accompaniment salad. Switch up the ingredients or add more to complement any meal or serve it on its own!
- Lettuce: We use a mix of Romaine and Spring Mix. You can also use baby lettuces, spinach, or even kale.
- Chicken: Rotisserie chicken makes this easy main course salad recipe even easier, but you can also grill your own or even replace the chicken with steak, shrimp or sliced salmon.
- Vegetables: Main course salads are a great way to get your serving of veggies in. Try tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, or take it a step further by using veggies like summer squash, jicama, crisp blanched green beans, carrots, peas and corn. Marinated artichoke hearts and other pickled vegetables are great choices for a main course salad, too!
- Fruit: In our Strawberry Chicken Salad, we use cranberries and strawberries. You can also try blueberries and clementines!
- Nuts: Nuts are awesome in any main or separate course salad recipe. Pecans are our choice in this dish, but walnuts and sliced almonds are great choices, too.
- Cheese: Shredded hard cheeses like Parmesan, or the softest cheeses like goat cheese and feta, all work well. And oh, how we love blue cheese.
📖 Different Types of Salads
These easy recipes all have the main course salad characteristics we’re looking for, like protein and tasty fruits and veggies.
- Arugula Burrata Appetizer or Salad
- Vietnamese Steak Salad with Zesty Vietnamese Dressing
- Holiday Roasted Artichoke Salad
- Orange and Fennel Salad
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Did you try this recipe? Leave a comment and a rating below to let us know what you think! We love to hear from you!
Strawberry and Chicken Salad
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ⅛ tsp. fresh cracked pepper
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups spring mix greens
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- ⅓ cup red onion thinly sliced
- 1 rotisserie chicken shredded
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- To prepare dressing, combine 1 Tbsp. sugar, 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar, 1 Tbsp. water, and ⅛ tsp. salt and ⅛ tsp. freshly cracked pepper in a small bowl. Gradually drizzle in 2 Tbsp. olive oil, stirring constantly with a whisk.
- Arrange 4 cups torn Romaine lettuce and 4 cups spring mix in wide serving bowls. Mix in 2 cups quartered strawberries and ⅓ cup thinly sliced red onion.
- Sprinkle ¼ cup pecan pieces and ¼ cup dried cranberries on top of greens, followed by ½ cup crumbled feta and shredded rotisserie chicken. Dress salad or offer vinaigrette on side for diners to pour themselves.
- Mix up the salad ingredients as you like using tips in the post!