Growing up sleepovers are a right of passage. Staying up late, watching movies, eating way too many snacks, maybe a late night game of truth or dare? We’ve put our #SundaySupper tastemakers to the test to create some amazing sleepover food ideas! Sweet and salty late night foods, kid approved dinners, breakfasts to feed a crowd. We’ve got you covered for all your sleepover needs.
Why should sleepovers end just because you grew up? Bring out your inner child and have a slumber party; pillow fights are, of course, optional. Sure, you could throw a sleepover for your kids and their friends. Spend time making them sleepover food, that you will inevitably end up cleaning off your floor the next morning while dealing with cranky kids who didn’t get enough sleep. OR you could throw one for yourself! Invite over your closest friends, put on some pajamas, make some of our sleepover food ideas, open a bottle of wine, and bring on the laughs and good times.
Growing up I lived for sleepovers, a night away from mom and dad?! Yes, please! Of course what I loved most was all the sleepover foods. Pizza dinners, late night snacks in front of the TV, a big breakfast in the morning? Count me in! There are no rules at a sleepover; no one telling you to eat your veggies or it’s time for bed. Those were the days. Let’s bring those memories to #SundaySupper this week.
Reasons to throw a sleepover party:
- Spa Weekend
- Birthday Party
- High School Reunion
- Bachelor/ Bachelorette Party
- Netflix Binge Watching Marathon
- Super Bowl Party
- Family Reunion
- Or just because you want to!
Check out the list below for some of #SundaySupper’s favorite sleepover food ideas, and join us on Twitter Sunday October 9th at 7pmET where we’ll also be sharing our favorite sleepover tricks and memories. Look forward to chatting with you then!
Sleepover Food Ideas
- Bacon Jam Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Ham, Egg and Cheese Sandwiches by Food Lust People Love
- Breakfast Strata with Bacon and Date by Caroline’s Cooking
- Broccoli Breakfast Bake by Cricket’s Confections
- Classic Buttermilk Pancakes by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Freezer-Friendly Breakfast Burrito by Brunch-n-Bites
- Julia’s Mushroom Quiche – Quiche aux Champignons by An Appealing Plan
- Nutty Sweet Potato Waffles by Wholistic Woman
- Overnight Green Chile Breakfast Burritos by Cooking On The Ranch
- Peanut Butter Chocolate Cereal Treat Bars by Crazed Mom
- Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Pancakes by Books n’ Cooks
- Pumpkin French Toast Casserole by Moore or Less Cooking
- Swedish Pancakes with Brown Sugar Bananas by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Waffle Fruit Kabobs by Home Sweet Homestead
- 2-Minute Quick Fudge by Sunday Supper Movement
- Classic Oatmeal Cookies by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Heavenly Oreo Dessert by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Peach Slab Pie by Pies and Plots
- BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders by Mindy’s Cooking Obsession
- Better Than Anything Chex Mix by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Caramel Corn by Jane’s Adventures in Dinner
- Cobb Salad Dip by Food Done Light
- DIY Grilled Cheese Bar by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Fluffernutter Puff Pastry Turnovers by The Weekend Gourmet
- Make-It-Yourself Caramel Apple Bar by The Freshman Cook
- Maple Fish Party Mix by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Midnight Chicken Nuggets by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- S’mores Snack Mix by Positively Stacey
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board. Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement.