Sunday Supper is an Amazon Associate and may receive compensation for purchases made through affiliate links.
Main Course Salads are easy, delicious, and filling enough for a full meal! Try making one of our wholesome salads for dinner to mix up and make your own, like our Strawberry Chicken Salad or our Quinoa Feta Salad!
I love making salad as a meal. Hearty salads are some of my favorite dinners to make for my family! My favorite healthy salad for dinner is my Strawberry Chicken Salad (you’ll find it in this post!), but there are so many different ways you can make delicious and easy salad recipes for dinner.
Main Course Salad Characteristics
To make the best salad recipes for dinner, mix up your ingredients! Here are some tips on what you can use to make the most filling salads:
- Lettuce: Romaine and Spring Mix are excellent choices for salads. You can also use baby lettuces, spinach, or even kale.
- Whole grains: Instead of lettuce, you can use whole grains like brown rice or quinoa.
- Protein: Rotisserie chicken, steak, shrimp, or salmon, or tuna are great choices for protein in main course salads.
- Vegetables: Try tomatoes, cucumbers, and onions, or even veggies like summer squash, jicama, crisp blanched green beans, carrots, peas, and corn. Pickled and roasted vegetables are great choices too!
- Fruit: Cranberries, strawberries, blueberries and clementines are all delicious in salad.
- Nuts: Nuts are awesome in any main or separate course salad recipe! Try pecans, walnuts, and sliced almonds.
- Cheese: Shredded hard cheeses like Parmesan, or the softest cheeses like goat cheese, feta, and blue cheese all work well.
- Salad dressing: Salad dressing brings it all together! We love homemade dressings like the honey balsamic vinaigrette in our Strawberry Chicken Salad or our blue cheese salad dressing.
Main Course Salad Recipes
This arugula burrata appetizer is one of the best accompaniment salads. Serve it as a separate course salad for an appetizer, along with your meal, or as a dish on its own.
Strawberry Chicken Salad
Strawberry Chicken Salad uses light, wholesome, and simple ingredients for a flavorful separate course salad or main course. With sweet, juicy strawberries, shredded rotisserie chicken, feta cheese, and an easy homemade red wine vinaigrette, every bite is deliciously snappy and fresh.
Save the Video Pin
📌 Pin it for later!Did you enjoy this page? Save it on Pinterest for later!
Strawberry and Chicken Salad
Honey Balsamic Vinaigrette
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Strawberry Chicken Salad
- 4 cups Romaine lettuce torn into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups spring mix greens
- 2 cups quartered strawberries
- ⅓ cup sweet onion thinly sliced
- ½ cup rotisserie chicken shredded
- ¼ cup pecan pieces
- ¼ cup dried cranberries
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- 1 avocado diced
- To prepare dressing, combine honey, balsamic vinegar, salt, pepper, and olive oil in a small bowl. Stir with a whisk.
- Arrange torn Romaine lettuce and spring mix in wide serving bowls. Mix in shredded chicken and thinly sliced sweet onion.
- Sprinkle pecan pieces and dried cranberries on top of greens, followed by crumbled feta, avocado, and quartered strawberries. Dress salad and toss to combine. Enjoy!
- Mix up the salad ingredients as you like using tips in the post!