Get your grill (or stove) ready! You’re going to want to make steak dinner more than ever after you get a look at these easy Side Dishes for Steak!
From mouth-watering roasted potato recipes to flavorful, fluffy, easy rice recipes and more, these steak dinner sides are perfect for any cut of steak.
If you ask me, good sides for steak are as important as the steak itself! When it comes to steak meals, why cook the perfect steak if you don’t have the best side recipes?
That’s where these steak dinner ideas come into play! These are the best sides for steak, no matter which beef cut you’re preparing. Whenever I have a juicy steak I want to cook up, I always look at this list for the sides.
Easy Side Dishes for Steak
- Roasted potato recipes: Crispy oven-roasted potatoes or an easy mashed potatoes recipe make the perfect steak sides!
- Simple salad recipes: Simple green salad recipes and pasta, egg, or easy potato salad recipes make delicious sides for steak.
- Roasted vegetable medley: Sheet pan-roasted vegetables or even grilled vegetable recipes pair perfectly as steak sides!
- Easy rice recipes: Steak and rice recipes always pair well, whether you’re making risotto or homemade Rice-a-Roni!
- Pasta side dishes: I love pairing steak and pasta. Steak pasta recipes make delicious dinners!
My favorite sides to go with steak are potatoes, salads, vegetables, rice, and pasta. I especially love making Portuguese rice to serve with my steak meals, but it’s hard to resist a good steak potatoes recipe, too!
To make it easy, my list of easy side dishes for steak follows the same order as the list above. But before you decide on what to eat with steak, you should have a steak dinner recipe picked out!
Best Steak Recipes
I like to plan what to make with steak based on the steak recipe I’m serving! I find it makes it a lot easier to figure out what to serve with steak if you have the main dish figured out first.
Below are my favorite steak dinner ideas of all time.
- Juicy Garlic Butter Steak Bites
- Easy Steak Diane Recipe
- Grilled Picanha Steak (Sirloin Cap)
- Porterhouse Steak Recipe with French Onion Green Beans
- Grilled Chuck Steak with Compound Butter
- Easy Grilled Steak Foil Packets
Steak Garlic Butter Sauce
I like to serve almost all of my steak dinner recipes with homemade Garlic Butter Sauce! Adding a little garlic herb butter makes the juiciest, most flavorful steaks ever.
What to Serve with Steak
And finally, let’s get down to it: what goes with steak? I know you’re going to love these easy side dishes for steak – I’m excited to share my favorites with you!
Potato Side Dishes
I love steak and potatoes recipes! It’s hard to beat something as classic as steak and potatoes.
Instant Pot mashed potatoes are a recent favorite of mine, but I also love making my steak dinners with foil pack potatoes or baked potato wedges.
- Easy Mashed Potatoes in Instant Pot – in 12 minutes!
- Cheesy Scalloped Potatoes Recipe
- Creamy Mashed Potatoes
- Baked Crispy Potato Wedges
- Foil Pack Potatoes (Foil Packet Potatoes)
- Gluten Free Au Gratin Potatoes
Steak Salad Recipes
One of my favorite steak sides is a good, simple salad recipe. I love pairing steak with anything from pasta salad (especially our orzo lemon pasta salad) to a healthy green salad.
Salads make some of the most healthy sides for steak, but they’re also flavorful and easy to make, too!
- Zesty Spanish Potato Salad (Ensaladilla Rusa)
- Tomato Cucumber Feta Salad
- Broccoli Apple Salad
- Greek Cauliflower Rice Salad
- Lemon Orzo Pasta Salad
Steak Side Dishes with Vegetables
Of course, pairing vegetables with steak goes without saying, right?
My favorite veggie steak side dishes are garlic roasted carrots and green beans of any kind, but I also love mushrooms and onions. Especially when you cook them together!
- Roasted Vegetables with Cheese Sauce
- Parmesan Garlic Roasted Carrots
- The Best Fresh Green Bean Almondine Recipe
- Garlic Butter White Button Mushroom Recipe
- Sautéed Mushrooms and Onions
Rice and Steak Side Dishes
Steak and rice recipes are some of my favorite steak dinner ideas. Rice is so easy to make, and there’s nothing like a good steak and risotto!
- Homemade Rice-A-Roni Gluten Free
- Instant Pot Mushroom Risotto
- Easy Mushroom Risotto Recipe
- How to Make Perfect Rice (Portuguese Rice)
- Roasted Brussels Sprouts Wild Rice
Pasta Side Dishes for Steak
Pairing steak with pasta is a must for me some nights, especially if you have leftover steak you want to use up.
My favorites are our creamy penne pasta, which is amazing with leftover ribeye steak, and our fettuccine alfredo, which has always been one of my favorite sides to go with steak!
- Creamy Penne Pasta with Sliced Prime Rib (Copycat)
- Creamy Mushroom Pasta
- Mushroom Spinach Pasta
- Lobster Ravioli with Sage Butter Sauce
- Fettuccine Alfredo
- Sweet Potato Macaroni and Cheese
Other Steak Sides to Try
- Zuppa Toscana Instant Pot Soup (Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana)
- Hungarian Mushroom Soup
- Shrimp Scampi Linguine
- Steamed Crab Legs (How to Boil Crab Legs)
- Shrimp Foil Pack
What is your favorite delicious side dish for steak? Let me know in the comments below, or share your creations with us on Pinterest! We love to hear from you.
📌 Click the image below to save these sides for steak on Pinterest!
Sign up for our weekly newsletter!
Get free recipes delivered to your inbox every week!
Thank you for joining the Sunday Supper family!
Something went wrong.